Saturday, 30 September 2017
Police to face Misconduct Hearing
Nearly five years after my complaint to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) the officers who investigated the rape allegations, Detective Inspector Julian King and Detective Constable Phil Dial, are facing a formal misconduct hearing.
The reason that I took out a Private Prosecution against Eleanor in the first place was that the police refused to investigate her for lying, despite there being a mountain of strong evidence.
This report is really important because it contradicts everything Mr de Freitas was saying to the press. The truth was the Police Officers did not do a proper job.
The report says the Police Officers:
1. Refused to watch CCTV evidence.
2. Never examined the telephone downloads which contained crucial text messages.
3. Never asked Ms de Freitas about inconsistencies in her story.
4. Did not speak to important witnesses.
5. "Told Mr Economou to go away and collect the evidence himself"
This was also reported by the Daily Mail, see it here. The officers will face a public misconduct hearing at a later date and more details will emerge then.